Dividend Income Update-January/February 2011

Each month I will post dividends received in the prior month. I will break these down by company and amount of dividends received per company. Since I recently started this blog, and I would like it to chronicle all of 2011, I will post dividends received in both January and February.

January Dividends Received

• SYY – $7.54
  • MO – $19.76
  • WMT – $6.05

Total dividends received for the month of January: $33.35

February Dividends Received

• PG – $16.86
  • ABT – $18.04

Total dividends received for the month of February: $34.90.

Obviously, a month-over-month increase in dividends received is nice, but this was merely a product of my holdings and the month that dividend distributions fall on. I would like to see every month consistently go up, but my portfolio is still in the initial stages and still building…and therefore I may not receive an ever growing stream of income until my number of holdings are large enough that income is spread out evenly over the course of the year. I am far behind my goal of producing a total of $1,200 in total dividend income for the year of 2011. I have produced a total of $68.25 through the first two months of 2011, but I am improving with every month that goes by and every purchase I make. I hope that with the vast amount of my net income I am saving by living frugally, and then putting to work for me I will make up ground in the second half of the year. Wish me luck!

Comments

Thanks for the info, it is quite common to see on other blogs I follow, they are already at large numbers for annual dividends received. I am glad to see a ‘beginner’ that I can relate too, b/c I am in the same situation.

Thanks for visiting. I’m glad you can relate, because I am definitely a beginner (less than 1 year in). I hope you enjoy following along and I wish you success! It’ll be great to see what these numbers look like in 3,5,10 years.

3. Harry004 says

Great post.Could you please include some relevant info (withholding tax,good online discount brokerage )for people live in Canada.

Eric,

It’s definitely been a fantastic journey. I would have never imagined I would have had so much success thus far. Hard work goes a long way, but I’ve also been very lucky. And it’s fantastic to have such amazing support via you readers!

Thanks for stopping by. :)

Cheers.

OMG, during this time I was just starting to get out of debt after a long denial… this year hopefully I will be 100% debt free, then I can continue to invest again seriously… gosh I’m soo late already, i’m 45.. :D :D :D keep it up matey!

Daniel,

It’s never too late to start down the path to financial independence, my friend. The key is to be aggressive here, and stay consistent. Set goals, and work hard to achieve or even exceed them. I know you can do it. :)

Thanks for stopping by and reminding me of where I started!